Sunday, August 16, 2009

SANDLER FAMILY GENEALOGY

Many, many years ago, I deluged my uncle Roby with questions about the history of the Sandler family. Where did they come from ? What happened in Russia ? What happened at 48 Harlem Street in 


Dorchester growing up with Boby and Zaidy ? What was that like ? I 
have letters from him saying, I am very busy, but I will get to your questions, and he did. Here are three genealogical charts he put together for me. At the top is a chart showing Boby, Minnie Rutstein (Raigorodsky) married Morris I. Sandler on Auguest 15, 1920. Below that is a chart showing Boby's family whose maiden name was Minnie Raigorodsky. Upon arrival at Ellis Island, the name was changed to Rutstein. Below is a chart showing Zaidy's parents, Zina Sandler and Rachel Ring who did not come to America. The notes in pencil are mine while talking to Roby on the phone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol! You're doing a great job with the family history! I think we have a copy of this somewhere, but your organization, notes, memories and clear explanations are a great thing for the family to have.

carol said...

thanks a lot ellen. It's nice to know the rest of the family is getting something useful from making this family history accessible to everybody. It's a real bonus for me to connect with the rest of the family at the same time !