Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A SPECIAL UNCLE





While searching for Roby's published articles I found a newspaper article and some other information that he sent me on Synagogue Architecture. As I surveyed the voluminous piles of paper, all spread out on the floor, it was amazing to see how much correspondence there was over the years. Consistently on his end ! Mine, not so much...........i was admittedly, a poor correspondent........still, i was struck by how he patiently ( he only said once, "oy carol, why do you want to know this information on the family ?" That was when I asked him if he could please tell me everything that went on at 48 Harlem Street that he could remember. That definitely elicited an "oy carol, I am busy, I have three articles coming out, but I will get to it......" And he did.

1 comment:

Julian said...

Hey...I know these people too! It is my Grandpa Sandler!!! I too have a stack of similar articles. Thanks for posting this!