Friday, July 16, 2010

MY COUSIN ELLEN-EARLY YEARS

I'm not even exactly sure how I ended up with these Kodak Instamatic photos of Ellen and Robert with their young children, Julian and Eric.  
      
What a coincidence that Ellen had two boys she named Julian and Eric, while my mother, Shirley Miller married Julius Silverman who had a brother named Eric !  Ellen writes: "Ellen and Eric Slane, Jan.1971 in front of mural Ellen painted in the babies' room"  !!!

Ellen has a daughter, Amber who looks remarkably like Ellen and when I get a photo of her I will put it right here. (stay tuned) For now here is a link to Amber's blog:



On the back of this photo by the water, Ellen wrote "We visited Bob's family.  Bob is holding Julian and I am holding Eric. At left is Bob's mother and at right is his sister Susie."


Here is a photo of Eric and Julian, May 1972. Ellen wrote on the back: "Our backyard, the pool we got for the babies. Eric is practicing kicking his feet, and Julian is contemplating picking up his football."





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what cool old family photos! It's so much fun to see them, especially my dear mother-in-law, who passed away in 1996. I think I must have sent the pictures to your mother years ago. I remember she sent me some clothes Barry had outgrown for Julian and Eric a couple of times, so I know we were in touch. But that was before "double prints" and digital cameras, so I didn't keep copies and hadn't seen them in years. Thanks, Carol!

Susanna Powers said...

Hi Carol, I've been enjoying these photos too. That's "the real me" in the one by the lake... And fun to see all the family members. Maybe my sister Sally took the picture, I'm not sure. Love, Susanna Powers (Ellen's sister-in-law.)

carol said...

I've been meaning to ask, "who is sussah ?" Hi ! I'm glad you are enjoying these old family photos too.........Thanks for your funny comment, i.e. 'that's the real me'.
Love, Carol

carol said...

wow Ellen ! I don't really remember you and my mother being in touch, never mind recycling Barry's clothes.....that's really nice. I have a lot of her correspondence. She might have written about it. But the great thing is I am happy to get your comment and pleased that you really enjoy the old photos too, especially ones you haven't seen in years.

Amber said...

What a cool blog post! I love the pictures and it's so cool that you linked to my blog too.

carol said...

thanks a lot Amber. Great to hear from you ! I'm glad you like the link to your blog.......I know you are very busy so if you ever have a chance to send me a photo of yourself, one of those cool black and whites if you have one, or a color one, I would like to put it right next to your Mom.