Sunday, August 16, 2009

RIVKEH (ROSE) SANDLER

According to my notes of 5.26.97 from talking to Roby on the phone, he told me Rivkeh (Rose) Sandler walked into the ocean and died. She was the youngest Sandler, Zaidy's sister. She committed suicide. Roby told me "....she was congenial, spritely, happy and outgoing....." his memories of her as a teenager. She never married.

I just spoke to my Aunt Ruth. She told me that she was named after Zaidy's mother, Rochel who was called 'Ruth'. She also told me that Zaidy's sister Zelda named her daughter 'Ruth' after her mother too and that Boby was very angry about that because she had named HER daughter 'Ruth' first ! Aunt Ruth is older than Zelda's Ruth.

2 comments:

Amber said...

This is very cool to see! Aurora's middle name is Ruth (it's a family name on Chuck's dad's side as well) and Chuck's mom is Ukranian! Thank you for posting.

carol said...

Wow, that's a coincidence ! Very interesting. I have wanted to share this family history for a very long time and I am happy to hear your interest. I'm curious to know what part of the Ukraine Chuck's family is from, when you have a chance.....