Tuesday, April 26, 2011

BACK IN BOSTON 12.28.10

We left sunny Florida, 75 degrees and sunny, after enduring frost warnings almost everyday we were there ! I hated to return to blizzard conditions Boston........it was like going from bright light to essential darkness.......as in NO LIGHT.......instead what passes for light here in the winter which I like to call 'relentless grey'. And the blizzards continued, all winter long........snow, snow and more snow.

After Barry spent the day on his snowblower he announced he'd had it...........his back and sciatica were acting up. He said, "that's it; i'm not leaving the house until I don't see any snow and the grass is green."

He also took the semester off from Berklee School of Music, he said the stress of the trip, first a vacation and then a funeral were too much for him and he needed the semester off. His boss said ok, + his job would be there when he returned.

I haven't seen Barry since we left Logan Airport and he drove me home.

My way of coping with the darkness and dreariness of the winter was to get working on my synagogue project and NOT looking out the window. Much progress has been made. 

2 comments:

Molly said...

I am glad you are posting again. I find your blog fascinating, thanks for sharing. I knew Ellen from Jr. High. I recognize the 13th Street address on the postcard.

carol said...

hi molly......thanks a lot for your comment ! I'm glad you like the blog. I see your name on Ellen + Amber's blog, nice to meet you. I did indeed take a hiatus from posting upon returning to Boston.......so much to process.