Wednesday, April 27, 2011

CAROL GETS A NEW FLOOR

Let's renovate ! Doesn't that sound like fun ? Let's move
everything, I mean everything out of the living room and put down a new floor !











Sounds simple enough............(groan)............let's see, it's April 27th and I am finally starting to revive from all the work it took. I will spare you the details of the previous floor which the building manager told me, had to be replaced.......'this floor is done' he said. Ok....



Oh, I forgot about the tile that went down in the hallway and the kitchen....that was week one renovation work.....just two nights without a stove ! The following week, they came in to replace the living room floor. After I moved all the small stuff into my bedroom, the crew of guys came in and moved all the big stuff.
































They came in at 9:00 and I had a finished floor by 4:00 pm.

I only had one meltdown at about 2:00, no internet access so I visited mimi to get my email fix. Also, I became very upset when I couldn't remember where anything was ! It seemed like I would never be able to work on my synagogue project again because I would never be able to find everything. Never mind the momentum I finally had going..........can you say 'disruptive' ?

I am happy to have a new floor despite all the work it took.
Next month they'll do the bedroom. I'm starting the organization process now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The new floor and tile looks great!

carol said...

Thank you both ! I am working on getting some 'after' shots but so far House + Garden will not be hiring me to photograph interiors.....hopefully I'll get something good to post !