Monday, April 25, 2011

PASSOVER APRIL 18, 2011

Passover came this year and not only were my memories of long ago and Boby, but also Roby, missing Roby. No Passover call this year wishing each other Happy Passover....Bernice gave me a copy of a Passover Haggadah written by Roby. In honor and memory of him, we used his Haggadah at the Seder. I never knew he wrote a Haggadah; he might have mentioned it, but I forgot. It was very powerful to hear his words come out of my mouth, as though he was speaking right through me. His interpretations of the ancient Haggadah offered a more modern and progressive, speaking-to us-in-the 21st century feel to it. I wish I had been able to attend one of his Seders.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My father's Seders were very meaningful and I'm proud that so many people still use his Haggadah. My favorite part of every Seder was when Elijah would "appear." When I was little, we'd open the side door to the garage at the right moment and sure enough, the wine in the wineglass would shake. Was it Elijah or was my father shaking the table under the wine glass? It was Elijah, of course!

carol said...

of course it was Elijah ! In Boby's house, I would open the front door; was it Zaidy who shook the table ? Of course not !