Wednesday, January 11, 2012

SUNSETS NOVEMBER + DECEMBER 2011

In November the sunsets became spectacular, deep oranges and pinks; December more pink. I am going to the Mimi Katz school of photography. With the use of her tripod, calls to Nikon and tips from Mimi my pictures are improving. Looking southwest, above is the view across the street from my window on the eighth floor. All photos were taken from my window.
Twilight time I find very enchanting... when it's light in the sky but dark on the street, when lights start to come on.  Difficult to balance the light.......Even with my old Nikon, I got a glimpse of the new moon.

4 comments:

Mimi Katz said...

Fantastic Carol - what a great light show!

carol said...

Thanks a lot mimi for your enthusiastic response !

Molly said...

These are really neat, Carol. The texture of the sky/clouds really comes out in the photographs (especially in the 1st, 3rd & 4th photos). Such vivid colors in the sunsets, pretty. The one of the buildings (5th photo down) has such a warmth to it, I think due to the way you captured the lighting, both inside and outside of the building. Long exposure?

Well done. Plus kudos to your teacher, well done. Looking forward to seeing more when you post them. You have an eye for expression. Thanks for sharing.

Tell me about your Nikon - chemical film or digital?

Getting snow today? Supposedly 6 - 10 inches up here, so gorgeous. Finally: we are getting snow that should stay; ground has been bare too long. This IS winter afterall!

P.S. And you know what is coming up on the 19th.........(I'll email you).

carol said...

Molly, I'm really glad you liked the sunsets + what you said about them. You never know how photos strike other people + it's always interesting to hear. Yes, Mimi is really, really good and you can see more of her photos at mimikatz.com and also check out her blog. I'm using an ancient Nikon digital camera, over ten years old but it still takes very good pictures. When I lived in California, I took my 35mm Pentax with me everywhere I went and was making good progress, exhibiting my work, etc. One of these days, I will get to the 'Berkeley years', lol.......learning the digital camera is 'challenging' shall we say.