Wednesday, June 27, 2012

"NO" TO DIALYSIS

I got a call from one of the doctors this morning. Renal failure. Kidneys not working. Do I want them to hook her up to a dialysis machine ? NO - she doesn't want that; I know her -

The only point to hooking her up with a breathing tube was so they could run tests to see if they could reverse what was happening to her. That was 48 hours ago and she is worsening. Enough.

I will head over to the hospital soon and go over this again - intersecting with the western medical establishment is never good - she is in the Medical Intensive Care Unit - yikes ! It's like being in one of those movies by Michael Crighton - dim, hushed hallways, cold, sterile, miles and miles of them - yucch !

I want her to be comfortable, not feel any pain and let her just drift off, doing it HER way -

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Shirley is lucky to have you for a daughter, though I know it's been a long hard road. If possible, please say hi to her from her niece Ellen - I always think of her as my pretty, smiling Aunt Shirley.

carol said...

i just said it to her ellen............exactly what you said,
as i play the Frank Sinatra song for her, My Way - her favorite song.........thank you ellen............