Tuesday, June 26, 2012

TRANSFERRED TO BETH ISRAEL - JUNE 25, 2012

I got the call nobody wants yesterday. Dr. Shaw called me from Spaulding Rehab North with the news "your mother is declining......all the sign indicate she is declining.......can you please come, she is refusing meds and tests........" I went and got a ride with my friend Howard. They said she needed a blood transfusion but could not get the IV in due her edema and swelling. She was supposed to get a CatScan of her abdominal/surgery area but her red blood cells started dropping. I left about 10:30 pm. Today she was finally transferred out of there to B.I. where she is in the Emergency Room right now -

The first thing they said when I got here was her breathing is too fast - they need to intubate her + help her breathe - she said NO - even after they said she could die she said "NO, I'm not going to die."  The doctors, by this time there were about 4 of them in the room - said they would sedate her and it would be temporary to give them time to do the tests she needs so I said, as long as she is sedated, proceed along. They told me it was my decision as her Health Care Proxy and that they did not think she understood everything that was happening.

She is getting better care here at the B.I. Emergency Room, more staff, more competent I think - Pray. And pray she isn't furious when she wakes up, if she wakes up.

No comments: