Wednesday, January 30, 2013

SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK

I saw Bradley Cooper on Charlie Rose last night talking about mental illness, how it is stigmatized, how it should not be stigmatized, how legislation needs to be enacted, how early detection is critical, the same as if it was cancer - stage one is easier to treat than stage 3, and the need to raise awareness. He was there to talk about his new film, Silver Linings Playbook but at the same time, took the time to advocate and raise awareness. That is hope. He said people have come up to him after the film and thanked him because they were bi-polar but had never said it in public. Hope.

Bradley Cooper, sexiest man alive, according to People Magazine talks about mental illness here.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Thanks - I really enjoyed watching that interview and will definitely have to catch the movie.

carol said...

I had no idea what that movie was about when I channel surfed my way to Charlie Rose...now I am going to see the movie too !