Sunday, April 7, 2013

BASEBALL OPENING DAY:APRIL 1, 2013


Red Sox Yankees
Shane Victorino #18 and Jackie Bradley #44 of the Boston Red Sox celebrate the win over the New York Yankees during Opening Day on April 1, 2013 at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx borough of New York City.
At last, the Red Sox won two games in a row ! Against the Yankees ! It's been a long time since we've seen them win a game. Continuing the Sandler Family tradition, I got a call from Ken who was also watching the game ! I miss talking to Roby about baseball so it was very sweet to hear from Ken and kibbitz. Ken is extraordinarily knowledgeable about baseball since he remembers going to Fenway Park with his Dad as a kid as well as following all the other teams and their players. He used to have an extensive baseball card collection. Unfortunately, lost now. 

Today's game is so good I had to blog about it. We are leading right now, 10-0 against the Bluejays, bottom of the seventh ! It's been a long time since we, in Red Sox Nation have seen that  !!

Tomorrow is Opening Day at Fenway Park ! Stay tuned...

LIVE BLOG UPDATE:

13-0 RED SOX !!!!  We haven't seen a game this good in two years...last half of the ninth inning...






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When the Red Sox are on TV, I always think of my father. I miss him enjoying the Red Sox. I'm still a Marlins fan, though I wish they'd do better. Go Marlins and Red Sox!

carol said...

glad you checked in Ellen....have to keep up the family tradition ! it's a friendly rivalry.....go Red Sox + Marlins!