Tuesday, November 26, 2013

THANKSGIVING + CHANUKAH



(RNS) It last happened in 1888 and, according to one calculation, won’t happen again for another 77,798 years: the convergence of Thanksgiving and Hanukkah.
This year, Nov. 28 is Thanksgiving and the first full day of the eight-day Jewish festival of lights, which begins at sundown the previous night.
For many Jewish Americans, this is no trivial convergence, but a once-in-an-eternity opportunity to simultaneously celebrate two favorite holidays, one quintessentially American, the other quintessentially Jewish.

3 comments:

carol said...

Bernice, the figure I got is 77,798 years !
Happy Chanukah and happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Anonymous said...

Happy Chanukah and Happy Thanksgiving!

MAMMALOS said...

Well, I am again so sorry for not going to your personal blog which has many interesting points like not in any order but JFK is something that I remember so well in that I remember the announcement in school and that I stood against our teacher wanting to go back to our regular class topic and I left voluntarily home because I felt that the death of our President should not be treated as a common event which has almost never left me..."Not Just A Flat Noodle"...