Tuesday, June 21, 2016

ANTI-SEMITIC INCIDENT 2016

21ST CENTURY ANTI-SEMITISM

This was different, unsettling, disturbing and potentially dangerous. I was picked up at Heartbreak Hill Running Shoes in Newton, less than 30 minutes from my home in Brookline. It all went downhill when the driver asked where I was going. When I said Brookline, that set him off. It was all about 'the Jews' after that.

6.21.16
Veterans Taxi Newton
RIDE I.D. #

RE: ANTI-SEMITIC REMARKS BY DRIVER
To whom it may concern:

I had a Ride pickup scheduled for 3:28 pm at 638 Comm. Ave. in Newton. Specifically the location is Heartbreak Hill Running Shoes. The driver arrived early. I was thrilled.

Once inside the vehicle to go home at 1550 Beacon St., Brookline, the driver started talking about Jews. "Did I know that Jews have all the money ? Did I know that God gives money to Jews ? Did I know that Moses got the slaves out of Egypt but not the black slaves ? Are you Jewish ?"  I said yes. He asked me if I had money. I said no. I wrote my name in hebrew on a piece of paper after he said the Jews don't believe in the Bible/Torah. I wrote the whole alphabet down in hebrew. He said it was similiar to Arabic. He said, "Oh I see it's written from left to right, like Arabic. He looked at the alphabet and said, " I see a letter nun. Arabic has a letter nun."After that, he changed the subject.

I was terrified, frightened. I felt like leaving the vehicle and probably should have but we were in a residential section - how would I get home ? I sat in the vehicle hoping he wasn't going to hurt me. I asked him where he was from - he said Kenya. He said his name was CC - seesee. I don't know how to spell it.

I would say this is the worse thing that ever happened to me in Boston re. anti-semitic remarks. He was speaking in a normal tone of voice.

I am shaking. I am 65 years old.  I did not feel SAFE. I have PTSD. This was a trigger and will take awhile to shake off.

Shaken,
Carol S. Miller

 ADDENDUM: I reported this incident to the Brookline police and the ADL on July 28, 2016.

No comments: