Saturday, June 18, 2016

JUNE DRAMA + REDSOX

Shirley's English calendar yahrtzeit is June 27th. Her upcoming birthday is July 5th. Her Hebrew yahrtzeit is 7 Tammuz/July13th. I can feel the energy changing as we approach the Summer Solstice. And sure enough, Barry Marc Silverman has come out of the woodwork after four years of silence, i.e. estranged. Last night I got a phone call and he left a message. "I was thinking of Shirley, clutching a book she gave me by H.G. Wells and 'for some reason' I thought of you. You can choose to call me back or not. The book is Seven Novels by H.G. Wells." Well, she passed her love of science fiction on to both of us. Both of us watched Them, Day of the Triphids, and The Day the Earth Stood Still with her. Michael Rennie, the most dapper, elegant E.T. of all, dressed in silver lame....I still love it.

Barry and Michael, Chandler Hovey Park, 1980's, Marblehead, MA


On a more positive note, the Sox beat the Mariners; we are one game out from first place in the Eastern Division. 

1 comment:

carol said...

Hi Bernice, you did a fabulous job at leaving a comment in the comments box ! A+ ! I just emailed you a lengthy reply. It's great to hear from you. Happy 88th Birthday in advance. A big Mazel Tov to you.