Wednesday, July 13, 2016

YAHRTZEIT FOR SHIRLEY AND AUNT RUTH

shirley's yahrtzeit is 8 Tammuz according to the jewish calendar which starts tonight at sundown...
aunt ruth's yahrtzeit is 5 Tammuz...
somehow there is a certain symmetry to the two sisters passing away so closely together although they weren't close in life. 


and with aunt ruth's passing, that is the end of the first generation American Sandlers...  ruth, roby and shirley....when I started this blog in 2009, seven years ago, the first generation was alive...now they are all gone along with my oldest and dearest friend Michael.

RED SOX MEMORIES
Looking back: Aunt Ruth and I used to talk on the phone for hours. Sometimes when the Red Sox were playing I would call the whole game play by play for her and she loved it. She was just as excited about the Red Sox as Roby and I. It was fun for both of us. 

No comments: