Friday, November 11, 2016

LEONARD COHEN IS GONE

My laptop stopped working last week so I am using the computers in my building. According to the tech guy who came yesterday, my hard drive is corrupted, i.e. gone and so is the battery. Status pending on new computer/laptop. On top of the election debacle, Leonard Cohen is gone. It is a different world in every way than yesterday. My 90 year old neighbor, Bernice called to tell me about Leonard Cohen who we both loved. What a loss ! Although I read not too long ago that he said he was ready to go. I became a devotee in college at UMass. Then while still in my 20's I saw him play in a small club in Wash. D.C. I wondered if his voice would sound like it does on the records. IT DID ! I still have all the records/vinyl I listened to in the '70's; just need a turntable. We're having a beautiful Fall here in New England. Lots of yellows and oranges, not as many red leaves as we used to have.

Who By Fire

"Who by fire, who by water,
Who in the sunshine, who in the nighttime,
Who by high ordeal, who by common trial,
Who in your merry, merry month of May,
Who by very slow decay."

Everybody Knows

"Everybody knows that the war is over
Everybody knows the good guys lost
Everybody knows the fight was fixed
The poor stay poor, the rich get rich
That’s how it goes
Everybody knows..."

No comments: