Saturday, May 13, 2017

CAROL'S BRUSH WITH FAME + RED SOX

Last thursday I had a medical appointment to see my cranial-sacral therapist for the pain in my jaw caused by my 'former' less than stellar dentist. While waiting for a taxi I saw a tall, handsome guy walk in the building. As he walked by me I recognized him - Dave Dromkowski, general manager of the Red Sox. I jumped off the bench, pointed my finger and yelled out - Dave Dromkowski, Dave Dromkowski, really loud. He had walked past me, but turned around as I stuck out my hand to shake his. He came over to me, we shook hands and then I said "we need better pitching" very heartfelt since we had lost the last two games due to bad pitching. He smiled and then turned around and ran up the stairs to his appointment. What can I say...I felt like I was a ten year old fan. My friend Janice said "why didn't you ask for his autograph ?" Yeah, why didn't I ??!

Dave Dromkowski is a career baseball guy. He knew what he was getting into when he signed on to come to Boston. Even the little old ladies are baseball critics !

Ken called today. Nice to hear from him. He coined the term "complimentary interruption", two words I never saw together. We each accused the other of interrupting but how can you argue with a 'complimentary interruption' ? May 10th was Michael's second yahrtzeit, May 12th was my ex-brother's birthday, no contact. Surprisingly I did hear from Michael's brother Curt. He wrote an entry in the guestbook with a shout out to me for keeping the Guestbook open. And then he gave me his phone number. That is the first time any member of the Robinett family has talked to me since Michael 'metamorphosized'. A red letter day for connections. Curt is Michael's youngest brother in a family of six boys. Three of them are gone now - Robby, Mark and Mike. Today is Ron's birthday.

It's 6-3 Sox right now, top of the 7th. Chris Sales is poetry in motion - 12 strikeouts so far. Awesome.

It's chilly in Boston, upper 40's, grey day, expecting rain all day tomorrow. New windows were installed in my apartment last wednesday - resting up after a lot of work to move everything out of the way. Can you say 'disruptive' ? We were told we could not stay in the apartment while the work was being done. I refused to leave until I made my blueberry yogurt smoothie and watched the guys cover all my stuff with drop cloths. I spent the day hanging out in Bette's apartment, checking the progress in my apartment and chilling on the third floor public space with my laptop. I couldn't have done it without a little help from my friends and neighbors. Grateful...

No comments: