Sunday, July 16, 2017

RE-CONNECTION

An old friend contacted me. We drove cross country forty years ago.  I was finishing a phone call and saw 'David Charak' pop up on caller i.d. David Charak, David Charack...from Chelsea, part of the Chelsea crowd from high school, college and beyond. I called him back and he said, "...I'm sitting on the wall at Revere Beach and I thought of you. I'm recovering from brain surgery. It was a tumor but benign." Well, well, well......one of those Facebook moments which I never experience because I'm not on Facebook.

David knew Shirley. It was like re connecting with a friend from high school even though he lived in Chelsea and I lived in Malden. I have not blogged about the Malden years yet.  He is still connected to Jackie and Dave where I stayed in Peabody when I first got back to Boston. Also Bruce Sugarman and Barry Blair. I sent him this photo I took at Lynn Shore Drive near Swampscott in 1996.

No comments: