Saturday, July 17, 2010

FENWAY PARK-BOSTON RED SOX

My cousin Ken sent me a piece of Red Sox history. How important and significant this is cannot be overstated ! The Sandler family has always consisted of loyal, die-hard Red Sox fans. My uncle Roby told me (recently) he originally wanted to be a professional baseball player. Here is an article he wrote about the time he went to see a double-header with his father, my Zaidy, at Fenway Park. (He Tipped His Cap, click here:) A double-header with Ted Williams in both games!

I know that Roby and Bernice are both Red Sox fans along with my Aunt Ruth. Roby gets all the games in Florida. The Red Sox are playing the Texas Rangers right now ! I have to go.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I know most of the Sandler family are loyal Red Sox fans, but I say...Go Marlins!!!

carol said...

are you serious ? I never heard you talk about baseball ever until I just posted this re. the Red Sox! aha, now the truth comes out ! I lived in California for over 10 years + would never, never root for the Oakland A's.

Anonymous said...

Well, I grew up in Miami, and even though I spent 26 years in the Pacific Northwest, I've always rooted for the South Florida teams. Go Marlins! Go Dolphins! Go Heat! Go Panthers! Go Hurricanes!

carol said...

ellen, I just thought this over. (ovah as they say here in boston) I grew up in Boston. You did not. That explains it. I am telling you, if you are from here, it's in the genes; part of your genetic code that you must root for the Red Sox. When i got back here in 1998, I thought, well, I couldn't watch the Red Sox when living in California so now that I am here, I am going to watch them from Spring Training to the playoffs ! Baseball is the only sport I watch. Part of it is, I remember listening to those games with Zaidy. It presses the memory button.

carol said...

Ok then, you are a loyal South Florida fan ! And we are on different sides! Thank you for your passionate comment ! LOL........

carol said...

i was jumping up and down ! Wow, this is the most passionate issue that's come up on the blog ! Baseball......runs very deep !

Mimi Katz said...

Just to heat things up a bit more - in my not so humble opinion the Brooklyn Dodgers and their fans are/were unsurpassed. Saddest day of my life when that expletives deleted O'Malley took the team to L.A. It's impossible for me to be as passionate for any other sports team.

carol said...

wow, mimi, thanks for jumping right into the fray and giving us yet another passionate baseball comment. Tensions are running very high here...we Sandlers take our baseball very seriously ! LOL.......