Tuesday, July 5, 2011

FOURTH OF JULY-TWILIGHT ZONE MARATHON

Welcome to Sullivan Way, Chez Barry's for our fourth of July barbecue. We picked up a chicken at Brookline's brand new kosher butcher, Grapeleaves. Then it was off to Whole Foods for veggies and salmon. I did get into an altercation in the produce department - when I picked up a bunch of collard greens, a woman appeared out of nowhere and said "those are My collard greens !" I laughed and said ."you're kidding" and she said no, so i said, "here you go"- there were 75 bunches sitting there ! Finally she laughed too.....We barbecued a chicken using Barry's 'chicken thing' otherwise known as a vertical roaster. (vegetarians please avert your eyes) Grillmeister Barry made perfect grilled peppers with garlic......
A man, his dog and a grill.

What else do you want ? THE TWILIGHT ZONE MARATHON......
Barry and I watched till our eyeballs fell out of our heads..........we have both seen each episode probably a hundred times so we know them by heart. Watching on a 56" TV set was like seeing them for the first time ! I watched them in the original series in the '50's , every friday night in Boby's house. This time I have Miss Lena to snuggle with.




No comments: