Monday, February 10, 2014

WINTER PROJECT

I didn't blog very much in January because I started working on my synagogue architecture project. This work was begun when I was a graduate student at U.C. Berkeley (150 years ago !) and I chose to design a synagogue for my thesis project. I did not complete it and over time it has changed to From Tent to Synagogue: Architecture, Meaning and Memory. This is a monumental task digging through all my research, files, slides and other material I have gathered over the years while giving talks on synagogue architecture. Step 1 is just  finding all the stuff I have done. That is my goal for the end of February. Long term goal, self-publish.......

I remember talking to Roby about this project and he sent me some articles on synagogue architecture which I still have. He was very supportive and encouraging.

Above is one of my sketches I am working on now.....I have to draw more tents ! It shows the Tabernacle in the Desert surrounded by all the tribes at Mt. Sinai....

No comments: