Friday, September 4, 2009

BARRY + CAROL REUNION

Thursday, September 3, 2009, Barry and I met at the Fireplace restaurant here in Brookline after not seeing each other for ten years ! A historic occasion ! After that we came back to my house and I made dinner, delicious Tilapia with red chard. Barry was quite amazed to see my newly acquired culinary skills and my refrigerator full of food. He said matter-of-factly, "I remember when I visited you in Cambridge (in the late 1970's, early '80's) when i was 12. I opened your refrigerator and there was nothing in it but tunafish. And you said if you are hungry, eat the tunafish......"   wince, wince, boy oh boy, I had forgotten all about that!
It's impossible to describe the well of emotions we both felt..............we have such a shared history and we had a lot to talk about......conversations that we can't have with anyone else, because nobody else was there at 45 Lillian Road in Malden.


We sat at the bar and the bartender took a couple of pictures of us..........I look like my usual goofy self, but here they are anyway.....           

No comments: