Wednesday, November 2, 2011

APOCOLYPTIC RED SOX SEPTEMBER 2011

The Sandler Family Archives blog has been on hiatus for three months while we recovered from family issues and tackled mountains of bureaucratic paperwork. Now we are catching up.

All summer long I watched the Red Sox baseball games and thought of Roby, missed talking to Roby, my lifelong Red Sox fan uncle Roby. (note his baseball and Red Sox cap, treasures Bernice gave me) I had conversations with him in my head. We were doing so well until we hit September. When the meltdown happened in September, even my acupuncturist Dorothy said how can they lose this many games in a row??? Sadly as we in Boston  mourned in the post-season, the horror stories of "...the spa-like atmosphere in the clubhouse, the fried chicken eatin', beer swillin' trio, Beckett, Lester and Lackluster" leaked into the press. While the Texas Rangers went to the World Series and lost by one strikeout against the Cardinals, we in Beantown were left to lick our wounds and process the daily media drubbing of the 'historic' September meltdown. Here are some highlights:



4 comments:

carol said...

Thank you Bernice. It was my pleasure to do it……it helps……all those wonderful memories. I like the way you phrased it, "the ultimate red sox fan"....

Mimi Katz said...

only a Brooklyn Dodger fan can really appreciate your pain!

carol said...

LOL ! thank you mimi…. well said…….

MAMMALOS said...

However a real fan would not have a mind to remember the Boston Braves with Mr. Ruth back sort of...