Saturday, April 20, 2013

SUSPECT CAUGHT, IRENE, KEN + FRIENDS

Drained. Relieved. Grateful. Sign above from Citi Field.

They found him hiding in a tarp covered boat in someone's backyard in Watertown, alive.

Major League Baseball's teams and fans expressed relief in ballparks across the country Friday night, when it was learned the suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings had been captured. Read here.

Ken called yesterday, checking in. Molly and I were in touch all day. I'm glad the blog was helpful.

Ron checked in via email from Willits, CA. He had the right idea - move to a small town in a rural area. Living in large urban centers is getting to be....dangerous....

Irene Zorfas just called to check in .......she's living in New York now near her daughter Judy. Irene + Shirley were first cousins. They grew up together in Dorchester. Irene's mother and my grandmother were sisters. I heard from Irene after being out of touch for 20 + years after Shirley left. So it was just terrific to hear from her today - some of my best childhood memories are of visiting Irene at her house in Nantasket in the summer. I'll have to fire up the scanner; I have lots of photos of Irene and her daughers, Meryl + Judy. She just told me she was a little closer to Roby because he was closest to her age and that Roby played the piano. Later on Irene moved to Peabody and we visited with them while living in Malden which is close by.



No comments: