Friday, April 19, 2013

WAKING UP TO TERROR

I am now living under 'Shelter in Place' conditions. I went to bed last night to the latest news of an MIT policeman being shot + killed. This morning I woke up to a wrong number phone call from a window cleaning company. The fellow asked me if I knew what was going on. Then he told me he was in Watertown - "the whole city is under lockdown because they shot + killed a bombing suspect but the younger brother is still at large."  Yikes ! I just got a phone call from management. We are not allowed to leave the building. Boston, Brookline, Allston, Brighton, Belmont, Cambridge, Newton, Waltham and Watertown are all under shelter in place orders. No MBTA, no driving, - it's affecting a million people.



You know it's bad when the reporters are saying they have never reported or seen anything like this. Stay tuned -

Armed guards at the Park Street T stop - increased police presence - there's the Boston Common where I used to play when Shirley went shopping in downtown Boston.........never, never have I seen anything like this ............except Israel............I went to Israel when I was 20 years old on a summer program. I'll never forget going to a department store in Tel Aviv. At the entrance, armed Israeli soldiers with Uzis. They searched everybody's bags. Not used to seeing armed soldiers walking around the city - downtown Boston is now a ghost town - surreal............

No comments: