Sunday, December 19, 2010

ROBY HAD A STROKE 12.10.10-12.17.10

12.10.10, Friday morning, 10:00 a.m. I got a call from Bernice telling me Roby had a stroke the night before. The last time I wrote on this blog was August 19th, the day Robert Slane took the picture of Roby + Ellen. ......where they both are smiling into the camera..........

Barry + I were scheduled to go to a travel agent and book flights to visit Roby and Bernice on January 4th -11th; I had booked a reservation at Kendall Hotel + Suites, less than ten minutes away from where they lived. I was so looking forward to seeing him, spending time with him and going through a lot of his published articles and work on the blog together. That was the plan. We did not book any flights today.

12.13.2010, monday afternoon; "relentless grey' day here........"all the leaves are brown + the sky is grey..."
more bad news about Roby; I just pulled out all the pictures of him I could remember - where he looks fabulous !

This has to be the toughest week for the Sandler family. All week long I exchanged emails with Bernice and Ellen who, in spite of being at the hospital round the clock, found the time and energy to let me know what was going on with Roby and for that, I am very grateful.

12.17.10, Shabbos, Friday night, Roby passed away at around midnight.
I feel a big hole, an empty space.......pain.......my uncle Roby is gone............shock......sadness.........

Barry and I have booked flights to Miami for Monday, December 20th.

The last time I saw Roby was at Barry's wedding and the time before that was in 1990 when I visited Roby and Bernice from Berkeley, California.

No comments: