Monday, July 9, 2012

HOSPITAL BUREAUCRACY AND MORE

I didn't hear from Barry yesterday and needed to rest myself. I just called over there to check on him and was told "...we don't have a Barry XXXXXX here..."  Yikes ! I told her I dropped him off on Saturday and WHERE IS HE ?!?!? Finally I was told they transferred him to RICU ! They have their own language and don't bother to tell you what it means - Respiratory Intensive Care Unit ! Double yikes ! I just spoke to one of his doctors, Dr. Adam Cieciuh......."he needs higher doses of the medications Librium and Atavan than they give at SECAP. They expect to taper down  and then he should be transferred later on today back to SECAP. You should be able to speak to him later today...."

I will have to go over there and become his Health Care Proxy. The doctor apologized for the lack of communication. Triple yikes !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goodness!