Sunday, August 13, 2017

REVERE BEACH

Finally I got to go to Revere Beach. It's only about a half hour drive north of boston. When the Silverman family lived in Malden, we rented a 'shack', an apt. in a two family house I think owned by "Mrs. Raden" in the Point of Pines area. It was right across the street from the beach. I spent many evenings sitting in the screened porch looking out at the ocean. I was in high school. On the weekends I could walk all the way to the beginning of the beach, Punk's Corner and play cards with other kids from Chelsea. Many games of hearts. Many memories of those teenage years.
I went with two friends from my building, Bette and Miriam. Bette drove and we hooked up with David who was at the other end of the beach with his friends. So we had a short visit.

DAY AT THE BEACH WITH UMBRELLAS. CM 2017



















Miriam, Bette and David w/my umbrella. 



SITTING ON THE WALL AT REVERE BEACH




I love the ocean - those positive endorphins......I feel the most relaxed there. We went to the beach a lot while living in Dorchester in the summer time. Shirley always had boyfriends to drive us there. Sometimes we went to Wollaston Beach and sometimes we went to Nantasket which is still really beautiful, south of boston. 

















No comments: