Sunday, January 21, 2018

SUNSETS, MORE DAYLIGHT, GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN

What a pleasant winter day in Boston, temps in the high 40's and did hit 50 today on January 22nd. When I was a child walking to the Robert Treat Paine School in Dorchester, the temperature was NEVER 40 - 50 degrees, not until MAY. Anecdotal evidence of 'global warming'?

I had a wonderful time with Bette and Miriam in Coolidge Corner. I got to go everywhere I needed to go, the Dispensary, Starbucks coffee for Sumatran coffee beans, and Trader Joe's where I had to replace the unopened bottle of olive oil that fell off the kitchen counter friday morning.

Laurie is having an art show here at 1550 Art Space. She makes very colorful collages using greeting cards, and images, text and pithy sayings cut out from magazines. I will photograph them. She asked me to help her with the artist statement - she is dyslexic, a hard worker and a good friend. Time for crudites - salmon with fresh chopped garlic on rice crackers.

The days are getting longer. More light in the sky later. The above photo was taken at 6:17, a far cry from 3:45 in December. The government is officially dysfunctional; a government shut down which is so partisan both sides are blaming each other instead of working together. I am watching it right now on CSPAN. One can only take this in small doses it is so toxic.The Democrats are not coming out of this smelling like a rose and I hope it doesn't hurt them in the mid-term elections. Chuck Shumer seems like a cream puff. Only the Dems could shoot themselves in the foot and lose elections due to their own ineptness. Lack of leadership at every level. They are all taking from the troughs of pharmaceutical companies and the NRA, corporate lobbyists. I hope more women get elected and eventually change policies so I will stop getting emails to sign petitions regarding male legislators who want to stop funding birth control and abortions. Women fought for those rights in the '70's; i personally cannot stand male elected officials who want to legislate womens bodies, Hell NO !








No comments: