Monday, May 18, 2020

CORONAVIRUS DIARIES - SURPRISE PHONE CALL

One good thing happened during the pandemic. I got a phone call from my cousin Ken on Saturday. We were out of touch. It was so good to hear his voice and talk to someone I know since childhood. We covered a range of topics. He is in Florida. He has become a snowbird dividing his time between California and Florida. He told me about the time he visited with Ellen and Robert around the time Uncle Bob/Roby got his Talmud Torah award. Brought back many memories.

Happy Monday ! I just participated in a live Zoom exercise class from the fitness instructor in my building. It was really good to get up and have some 'virtual' connection with a group of people at 10:00 am. We are starved for connection around here - it was so good to see so many familiar faces.

I was able to participate in some Zoom classes for Dragon and Tiger Qigong and I did a four workshop on enhancing the immune system with Dragon and Tiger movements as well as learning about chinese herbs that enhance the immune system. I have not been able to get my weekly acupuncture treatments since Lockdown began. Dragon and Tiger Qigong has been a good substitute. I learned the movements in Tai Chi and Qi gong correspond to the organs in the body as acupuncture meridien points also do. I get a feeling of relaxation in body and mind plus, like acupuncture, it enhances the Immune System.

THE MILLER REPORT 5.18.20

I tune in to Governor Cuomo's news conferences every day since this pandemic started. He is as close to being 'presidential' as we have in America today, in terms of government officials. He just had a British scientist speaking from London (I think) during the daily press briefing. Then he said, "other countries have gone through re-opening and we can learn from them." Wow ! Willing to learn from countries who are going through the same thing ! What common sense ! 
"That's what it means to be NY smart, tough, and loving."

I wish Gov. Cuomo was running for president - he shows all the requisite qualities necessary; leadership skills, reliance on science and FACTS. The exact opposite of the current occupant.

No comments: