Thursday, June 21, 2012

TRANSFER DATE JUNE 21, 2012

I got two phone calls, one from Kathleen Doyle, Social Work Supervisor and Pat Williams, Case Manager, on Wednesday, June 20th. Both said my mother is medically stable and can be transferred to a place near me. Good news ! I investigated different places and Hebrew Rehab near me, in Boston seems like the best place. I called Pat Williams and left a voicemail for her re. Hebrew Rehab.

After 4:00 pm yesterday, Pat Williams called to say my mother will NOT be transferring because she has a temperature, a blood culture, chest X ray and other tests were ordered. Her doctor (mcdreamy no longer) is impossible to reach so now they are holding on to her like she is a science project. She's been through so much in 3 weeks - she says, ".....every day it's something else...." and she is right - it is !

It doesn't help that she is refusing meds, including the anti-fungal for the yeast infection that you get from taking anti-biotics and the tylenol to bring down the temperature. I asked her to consider taking them so she can get out of there once the temperature goes down. Stay tuned...........

No comments: