Saturday, June 9, 2012

UPDATE FOR SHIRLEY JUNE 9, 2012

I just spoke with Shirley, or שלובה, (Sloovah)........(we call each other by our Hebrew names). I told her I would be coming tomorrow with the things she wants from her apartment building.  She had two Catscans yesterday; she said yesterday was 'torture'. I could tell she was feeling a bit better since she described in detail what she had for breakfast, "scrambled eggs, mushrooms, and a muffin but the butter was hard." Oh and hot tea with milk. She said she is 'not comfortable' but again she said, and I was told by a nurse, she is scheduled to go to Rehab in the next day or so even though they have not gotten the results of the Catscan........


UPDATE 11:45 AM
I went out for a walk around the Chestnut Hill Reservoir, 1.56 miles. It's a very beautiful, calm and relaxing peaceful place - need a break from the latest drama.......when I got back, there were 2 messages from the hospital; שלובה/shirley called that she will be transferred to Spaulding Rehab. North today; I just got off the phone with her and heard a nurse say she will be transferred right now. We will speak later today when she gets settled in. I think it's good she is leaving the hospital and is well enough to go to Rehab..........



No comments: