Monday, October 15, 2018

MILWAUKEE BREWERS VS. L.A. DODGERS NLCS

And the unlikely Brewers are up by four around 10:00 pm EST. I love it. I am rooting for the Brewers because they have the most colorful and best announcer in baseball, Bob Uecker. I first saw him while watching one of my favorite baseball movies, Major League. It was supposed to be set in Cleveland but they shot the scenes in Milwaukee. The director of the film, David Ward said he never thought he would see the Indians win anything so he decided to make a movie with the ending he wanted to see ! Love that too. (As Woody Allen said long ago in Annie Hall upon directing a scene where he and Annie Hall stay together - he looks into the camera and says "Art....unlike life, is where you get to have the ending you want." (I know Woody Allen is bad press these days, #MeToo, I know, I know. Separate the man from the work.

Back to Bob Eucker. Colorful does not begin to cover his play by play announcing style. Old school since 1971 ! He is hilarious in Major League - the best part of the movie for me. It is NSFW. For more info click here.

Juuuust a bit outside" is one of my favorite lines he belts out - ok here's my problem with today's announcers: boring, bland and boring.....corporate blandness, no passion. Enjoy Uecker while he's still with us. It's worth it to see Eucker in the booth drinking constantly - he's playing himself, except for the drinking :):):)

This is just so unlikely, seeing the Brewers cream the Dodgers - you gotta love baseball. You never know what is going to happen. Still 4-0 Brewers, top of the 6th. And thank god for baseball, my brain needed a rest from our toxic reality tv government. (Nothing beats waking up and hearing Saudi journalist murdered, tortured and dismembered and our prez says let's keep selling them guns, it's good for business....) YIKES YIKES YIKES .

You can hear Juuuuuust a bit outside on Youtube.

No comments: